Geoexchange Systems Offer Numerous Benefits
There are many advantages to geoexchange heating and
cooling systems over conventional HVAC systems, many of which are listed
below. See http://www.geoexchange.org/residential/compare.htm
for information about how geoexchange systems compare with other types of
machineHeating, cooling, and hot water are provided in one unit.
maintenanceGeoexchange systems have fewer moving parts than conventional systems.
systems have no open flames.
water source heat pump access panels are well constructed and tightly sealed and no
combustion air is required.
proven solid state electronic controls.
geoexchange water source heat pump will last up to 30 years when properly installed.
operates under less stress than a conventional system which has to work harder to
compensate for variable outside temperatures.
Each machine is sealed and
run-tested at the factory, where a conventional system uses multiple components which must
be put together at the job site.
No gas combustion which over
time causes rust and corrosion of furnace components.
Lower cost of operationGeoexchange
systems are more efficient than fossil fuel or electric heating and cooling systems.
No gas pipingGeoexchange
systems do not use natural gas.
No exhaust ventingGeoexchange
systems have no combustion air or venting requirements.
Use existing ductworkIn
most cases, can use ductwork already in your home.
Better extended warrantiesManufacturers
are confident that their geoexchange water source heat pumps are longer lasting and more
reliable than conventional equipment and thus offer longer warranties.
- require a smaller amount of refrigerant than a conventional
- are non-polluting and have no exhaust emissions
- are more efficient; they use less power than conventional
- generate no outdoor noise unlike conventional air
conditioners and heat pumps.
Consider Geoexchange When...
- Your power sources are limited to propane or electricity.
- Outdoor noise is a concern.
- You want to minimize your impact on the environment.
- Your monthly utility bills are astronomical due to high
- You want a return on your investment.
- You want constant, even temperatures throughout your home.
- You plan to stay in your home for more than five years.
- You want to minimize your heating and air conditioning
maintenance requirements and costs.
- You use propane and safety is a concern.
- You dont want an ugly propane tank on your property.